Friday, October 29, 2010

Up in the hills

Well life suddenly sped up! I moved to another house and started teaching in the past few days. I had been staying with members of the team in town until the house where I am staying became available. I tell you, I'm getting good at packing up my belongings into suitcases and hitting the road! First from LA back home, then across the Atlantic and around a small town in Spain :) Keeps life interesting, right?

I think I'm settled though, at least for a while. I am staying in the bottom level of a house up on the side of a hill. I spent 4 years living in a valley in LA, looking up at the hills and now I am up on the hill, overlooking a huge valley in Malaga! Technically, I am in the "basement," but being on the side of a hill, its really just the bottom level. I have windows and a door that leads down to the lower patio and garden. I hope to spend this weekend arranging and setting up, then I will post some pictures.

I've also begun teaching this week! I have 2 super sweet, very eager little students! I wasn't really planning to begin digging in with academics until next week, so they'd have a week to adjust to this huge transition in their lives, but they couldn't wait to start school! We had a good time playing and getting to know each other the first day, Tuesday, and each day I've slowly started introducing each subject. One girl is 4th grade, and the other is kindergarten. I'm already discovering the challenges of having 2 different ages at the same time, but once we figure out our routines and get to know each other better I'm sure things will fall in place.

And apparently Monday is some holiday here, so the schools have off...3 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment