Sunday, October 24, 2010

Alhaurin de la Torre

Something-of-the-tower is as much translation as I can get for the town's name, Alhaurin de la Torre. It's such a cute town! I walked around the other day with the family dog, Yogi, and took some pictures of the streets and plazas....
The Torre! In the middle of town on the main street, I suppose this is official tower.

This is the street where I was staying temporarily. (In a house, not on the street of course.)

One of the many little courtyards, or plazas, in town, surrounded by apartments

Fun shop I passed by...but didn't get to stop in because I had the dog with me. I'll go back, if I can find it again...

I took this picture because I love the pedestrian alleys in town, and how they're made of that red tile and stone designs. Very cool.

On nearly every building there is a tile design...I may go around one day and take pics of all the different patterns!

Yogi was ready to go home.

 On a side note, the family I will be working with arrived in Spain today! I'm looking forward to getting to know the girls, and having a fun school year. Tomorrow we may be going to get churros and coffee (my sombra doble), and of course hot chocolate to dip the churros in...

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I love how there's just a tower in the middle of the city square.

    ReplyDelete