Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Marbella

Yesterday I had the pleasure of joining a small group of people on a trip to Marbella, a beach town about 45 minutes from Malaga. This was my first trip to the beach here, which I definitely wanted to do while it's still warm! We left the house in later afternoon, and got out to Marbella around 4:00pm. The weather was ideal...warm enough to enjoy the sunshine, and as the evening went on we were still able to sit outside comfortably with a light jacket. We walked down to the water, had some coffee and pastries at a cafe on the walkway by the beach (comparable to a boardwalk or strand) and walked around a little shopping center that was a maze of little narrow alleyways and courtyards. It's definitely a tourist spot, as most of the people I walked past were conversing in English. Many people from the UK vacation down here actually. Even here in the smaller town I'm living in, Alhaurin, there are a number of people from England.

Anyways...here are some photos from our trip. First of the Mediterranean Sea, then the shopping alleys...






1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!! For some reason your blog will not let me "follow" you. Know that I will be anyway, even without an automatic link. ;)

    ReplyDelete